Facebook Instagram Pinterest Twitter History Chalk Talk Home About Me My Products Freebies BlogLovin' Image Map
















Sunday, April 23, 2017

Teach with Movies - The Cold War

Are you looking for a way to keep your history students engaged  -  even when they are not in school? A great way to do this is to have your students watch films related to the current unit of study.  For each unit, I give my students a list of films my students could watch for extra credit. After they view the film they are required to complete a set of questions that will help them connect the movie to the current course of study. Get this FREE worksheet by clicking HERE

Below are a list of films I suggest when teaching the Cold War. 




Bridge of Spies
The Killing Fields
Inherit the Wind
Fail Safe
Argo
For Love of Country
A Gentleman's Agreement
Dr. Strangelove
Desert Bloom
The Crucible: 1957 version
Apollo 13 
Hiroshima Maiden
Force More Powerful
Seven Years in Tibet
War and Peace
Truman
Seven Days in May
Sayonara
The Russian's are Coming!
The Right Stuff
October Sky 
October Sky 
Quiz Show 
The Right Stuff 
Born on the Fourth of July 
Letters Home from Vietnam

Are there any films I am missing from this list? Let me know by commenting below! 

Happy Teaching! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...