Facebook Instagram Pinterest Twitter History Chalk Talk Home About Me My Products Freebies BlogLovin' Image Map
















Tuesday, February 14, 2017

K – W – L Chart Instructional Strategy


One of my favorite instructional strategies is the K-W-L Chart. 


What I Know  –What I want to know – what I Learned

This strategy helps students organize, access, and reflect on learning which increases comprehension and engagement.

  • To activate prior knowledge ask, “What do I know?”
  • To set purpose ask, “What do I want to know?” 
  • To reflect on a new learning ask, “What did I learn?”
I either create a chart for my students or I have my students create their own. Before I teach a unit or topic I will have my students complete the section, "What I Know". This helps me understand what my students already know about the topic. I then have my students complete the section, "What do I want to know?". I usually have my students share their answers with the class. After the unit is over I then have them return back to their chart to complete the section, "What did I learn?". This a great way for you to gain prior knowledge of what your students already know about a topic and also have your students reflect on their own learning. 

Check out 70 more instructional strategies HERE


https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Instructional-Strategies-for-ANY-Classroom-70-Total-3015575

This K-W-L Chart can be found in my product, FORMATIVE ASSESSMENTS


https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Formative-Assessments-for-Any-Subject-Google-Drive-Print-historygives-2868490

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...