Facebook Instagram Pinterest Twitter History Chalk Talk Home About Me My Products Freebies BlogLovin' Image Map
















Monday, November 7, 2016

Teach with Movies! American Imperialism

Do you wish you could actually teach your high school history class with movies? There are so many great historical films that I don't want my students to miss! I don't have time to show full length films in my class, therefore I offer extra credit if my students watch them at home.

When I first introduce a new unit I give my students a list of films related to the topics we will cover in class. Students can choose one film per unit to watch for extra credit. After they watch the movie they complete these FILM questions.

 Here is a list of films I offer for extra credit for the unit, "America Becomes a World Power":
All the King's Men
Princess Kai'ulani (Imperialism in Hawaii)
Across the Pacific (Spanish-American War)
Baler (Spanish-American War)
Last Stand in the Philippines
A Message to Garcia (1936) (Spanish-American War)
Santiago (1956) (Cuban Revolution)
Crucible of Empire (The Spanish-American War)
The Red Baron (World War I)
Legends of the Fall (World War I)
Johnny Got His Gun (World War I)
War Horse (World War I)
Wilson (World War I)
The Fighting 69th (World War I)
Men with Wings (1939) (World War I)
 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...