Facebook Instagram Pinterest Twitter History Chalk Talk Home About Me My Products Freebies BlogLovin' Image Map
















Saturday, July 16, 2016

Teaching "Growth Mindset" in the Secondary Classroom

During the first week of school  I always begin with teaching my students about the concept of "Growth Mindset". I begin by asking my students some basic questions:
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Growth-Mindset-Presentation-and-Reading-Activity-for-Students-1916814
I then have my students complete a reading, "Success is a Mindset" where they learn what it means to have a “growth mindset” and how the views and beliefs they have about themselves impacts the decisions they make and the lives they lead. Students will learn the difference between a growth mindset and a fixed mindset, understand that intelligence is not fixed and suggestions on how to foster a growth mindset.
Students with a growth mindset see challenges as opportunities rather than negative judgements about who they are. Therefore, teaching "Growth Mindset" is essential in any classroom!

To see the activity I use in my classroom click HERE!

Happy Teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...